Positive education is a concept that aims to develop self-confidence, motivation and social skills in children. It focuses on strengths and accomplishments rather than weaknesses and mistakes. This approach to education has beneficial effects on the emotional and cognitive development of children, as well as on their general well-being.
What is positive education?
Positive parenting focuses on promoting qualities such as Self-confidence, autonomy, the responsibility And the respect of others. She encourages children to develop their potential by highlighting their achievements and giving them constructive feedback.
Instead of focusing on mistakes and punishments, positive parenting focuses on solutions and opportunities for growth. It allows children to discover their strengths and develop their self-confidence, which can help them face life's challenges with confidence.
Let's take the case of the child confronted with a new activity, when he has finished carrying it out, you can do an analysis with him. Many parents point out imperfections or failures first. In positive education, even if the whole is not satisfactory, by breaking down the activity into several phases, we will highlight the points of success. So that the child retains what he has achieved. It will then be enough to determine one or two points of improvement for a next attempt.
How to put positive education into practice?
There are many ways to practice positive parenting with children. Here are some tips to get started:
- Praise the achievements and efforts of children, even the smallest ones.
- Give constructive feedback on what they are doing well and opportunities for growth.
- Encourage children to make decisions and solve problems independently.
- Give children responsibilities according to their age and maturity.
- Create a positive and supportive environment at home and at school.
It should be noted that children rather like to participate in the activities of the house. Especially when they are not yet old enough to carry out these tasks independently. Take the case of the vacuum cleaner, if your young child vacuums, even if you notice that he has forgotten a few places you will tend to congratulate him. Your child will think he has done an adult task and this will give him self-confidence.
The benefits of positive parenting
There are many benefits to taking a positive approach to parenting with children. Here are some of the most important benefits:
- Children develop a better self-confidence and a positive image of themselves.
- They are more motivated to learn and explore new things.
- Children learn to become more autonomous and make decisions responsibly.
- They develop SKILLS social and emotional strengths, which helps them build healthy relationships.
A child who is supported and encouraged always progresses better and faster. He will try to give the best of himself. Your child will be satisfied with each of his ventures, because this method will teach him to see the aspects of his success, analyze and understand.